10.12.2023

After my harrowing near brush with mortality (cut hand) I gathered my wits about me and headed over to South Congress Ave. for three important things.

 


Read about my traumatic swim injury in the previous post. https://visualsciencelab.blogspot.com/2023/10/ot-tragedy-strikes-not-real-tragedy.html

First thing, after banging up my hand and getting triage, I decided I needed protein. Stat. To start and fast track the healing process. I did the logical thing and headed to the Torchy's Taco restaurant on S. Congress Ave. for a couple of their ample egg, bacon and cheese breakfast tacos. My hand instantly felt a bit better. The protein and life giving fats were quickly doing their work.

With new nutrients working their way through my body and to the top of my hand I headed down the street to my next stop. A unique and fortifying elixir to help me focus more clearly on situational awareness. You may know it as coffee. I headed to Jo's Coffee on the same street as Torchy's so I could sit outside and embrace the freezing gale (a 5 mph breeze at 68°) and feel the nurturing effects of the caffeine in a large cup of drip coffee. 

Properly fortified I strolled down the street with my camera held in the very same hand on which the injury occurred. Getting back in the saddle, so to speak. And I spent a calming hour just snapping images with the Leica M and a 35mm Zeiss lens. 

I am overjoyed to report that even though the swimming wound is slightly painful it in no way hampers my ability to make photographs --- even in spite of using a fully manual camera!

A reminder that actual participation in life comes with unpredictable dangers... But it's still worth fully embracing.

Ramping up  the couture for the Austin City Limits music festival.


Mindlessly snapping away while drinking life affirming coffee.

don't stop making iterative photos until you have what you  want...







People in Austin really do like Willie Nelson. All of us, I think.





I will be back. I swear, I will be back!

Actually it's not that big a deal. It's just that my life is usually so charmed that 
when even the smallest part goes awry I'm shocked. Just shocked.


1 comment:

Nigli said...

My colleague at a winery I worked at, a retired toolmaker, used to bring me coffee on bottling days with the words "I bring you the elixir of life."