10.22.2023

The problem with everyone getting a trophy is that no one learns how to get better. Being afraid to present a counterpoint diminishes everything.

 I wrote a whole, long post. Someone objected to what I wrote and posted. I took it down so as not to skewer the feelings of people who believe in always striving for happy consensus.

Consensus: 

To me, consensus seems to be the process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values and policies. So it is something in which no one believes and to which no one objects.

Margaret Thatcher


I can't think of anything worse, really, than to try to live up to someone else's expectations of what you should be. You don't make art by consensus.

Tracy Chapman


A consensus means that everyone agrees to say collectively what no one believes individually.

Abba Eban




No comments: