10.26.2023

A weird day. Off and on driving rain. Thunder and Lightning cancel swim practice. What to do? How about revisiting a photoshoot from 2009?

 


This image of my friend, Emily, started life as a color Jpeg file from an Olympus E-30 camera and its companion 40-150mm zoom lens. We photographed in the studio and all over town on that particular day. I made some final, retouched images for Emily, some for myself and then moved on to other stuff. 

When the rain and atmospheric drama but a damper on swimming, walking in downtown and pretty much anything else I wanted to do I started going through my Smugmug files and tossing tons and tons of mediocre, old corporate portraits. I also skimmed through some of the many "forgotten" galleries such as this one of three that I'd put up for Emily. I dug into the files and decided to play around with the tools in Photoshop to see just how differently I would approach the work today.

The first thing was that the color in the old Jpegs was.....underwhelming. And my immediate reaction to blah color is to make photographs into black and whites.

Playing with files can be fun. Especially if you aren't laboring under the constraints of deadlines and client prerogatives. Hope the rain slows down; I'd love to at least get a long walk in....


On the other hand this week's rain is going a long way toward refilling our lakes and streams and we sure could use that. Desperately. 

2 comments:

adam said...

has been solid rain this last week here as well, mist forecast for tomorrow morning, if I wake up in time i'll try and get some pics

Anonymous said...

And the rain rain rain came down down down
So Piglet started bailing.
He was unaware, atop his chair,
While bailing he was sailing!

Enjoy!

Bob