10.23.2023

Portrait done at Photo Expo in NYC.


 We were demo-ing the ill fated Samsung Galaxy NX camera at the 2013 Photo Expo when we started asking people who came to the Samsung booth if they'd sit for a portrait. This person agreed and we did a very quick portrait session with two cheap and cheesy monolights and two small soft boxes. I love the fact that the subject was so centered and calmly focused on me. In the middle of hundreds of bustling people, surrounded by booths of competing camera companies, we are able, at least for a moment to tune all of that out and make a portrait. 

Done with the Samsung NX fitted with a Samsung 60mm macro lens. Image converted from color to black and white back in 2013. 

Would I do anything different today? Probably not...

3 comments:

MikeR said...

Nicely done.

Too bad it was such a clunky zombie of a camera.

I had been looking for a camera that had a phone built in. Samsung had one there, that I tried and didn't like. I seem to always set my sights on the technology choice that loses the race. Beta vs VHS. OS/2 vs Windows. Laser disc vs DVD. (Still have the Pioneer LD player, since it can also play five CDs in rotation.)

Mike Marcus said...

A wonderful portrait.

JereK said...

Beautiful portrait. no matter the apparatus it was made with. Also very inspiring to look at these latest posts. Truly appreciate them all.