9.04.2015

Flare? We don't care about flare. In fact, I'm starting to search for it wherever I can find it.


I was kinda sad I couldn't make this sunspot reflection flare more yesterday. I was doing everything "wrong" so I presumed that all the unnecessary perfection of the system would break. I had on an ancient, wide angle lens. I had a cheap polarizer on top of that and I put the direct reflection of the sun up on the top 1/3 of the frame. Still no drama.

My goals for the month? More flare. More stuff that's crazy backlit. And tons more black and white.

I'm so over technically perfect images...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Want flare? You want a Lensbaby fisheye. They polish the inside of the barrel. It's a great toy if you want to just kind of lie back and roll around in the flare and distortion.

christian said...

When I took my first few shots with my new Sony Cybershot way back when, I realized that anybody could now do a perfect photo - and I became more and more disinterested in technically perfect photos!