6.24.2020

I downloaded Adobe's new PhotoShop Camera app for phones and... well... I guess I need more coffee. Maybe even a pastry...


So, maybe I've already broken it. I downloaded the new app to my iPhone XR and started playing with it. The app works kinda like the regular camera app but you can use all kinds of "lenses" to take the photographs. Not lenses as we traditional photographers understand lenses but "lenses" as an alternate term for "special effects." Or just weird effects. These are from the "Pop Art" lenses. 

There are other "lenses" that will make even the blandest and grayest skies come alive with saturated blue and puffy clouds. Other lenses will "help you" take a portrait in which everything but your face, or the face of your subject, is out of focus. You can download "lenses" (treatments?) from the app and use them to make your photographs.....different. 

PhotoShop Camera is included in your Adobe software bundle for free. Even my $10 a month Lightroom+PhotoShop subscription includes this magnificent and valuable new imaging tool (sarcasm alert for the linear and humor deprived reader). 

I've packed up all my other cameras and am sending them off to KEH.com today because this new tool will revolutionize how we make photographs from this day onward. I can't wait to read the reviews on the smart blog sites. (again, alert. Not really getting rid of cameras........yet).

Are you as excited by all this as I am? 


8 comments:

Eric Rose said...

Tried it, deleted it. It's worth exactly the value Adobe puts on it.

Eric

Craig said...

I got the email about this yesterday and deleted it. Didn't even bother installing the app. The whole idea sounds just awful. Your photos will only look "different" until everyone else starts using the same filter, anyway.

Steve Renwick said...

Yes, I believe that I am precisely as excited about this as you are.

Chuck Albertson said...

Truly hideous.

Fred said...

Not having this from now on will be a deal breaker and KEH will have to discount all their equipment.

Unknown said...

OMG!!! Finally something I'v been waiting for all my (photographic) life!!!
I couldn't download this fast enough and start sending pictures of myself to all my
friends on social media. I'm a social media star!!! Now!!!

not really....

MikeR said...

Please! Not while I'm eating.

typingtalker said...

I too first used it to make a hideous selfie. Kinda funny.

Then I played around with several "lenses" and pictures that weren't my face. It's kinda fun.