11.26.2023

Required equipment for outside life in Austin, Texas.

 

Sunglasses which block 100% of UV and as much infrared as you can. 

today is the 26th of November. Traditionally a time when we do whatever we want. Right now I'm online shopping for gifts for other people. It's hard to resist checking in on some of my favorite online camera retailers. Very hard. And when considering gifts for other people I find myself wondering why they haven't put cameras on their Christmas lists. Oversight? Momentary fumble? Surely every one needs a better camera.

The above image started life inside a Leica CL camera. A now discontinued, APS-C camera which takes all of the L mount lenses I can think of. And M lenses with an adapter. The lens used for this particular image was a Sigma Contemporary 56mm f1.4 which was made for the "cropped frame" cameras. It's a lovely lens. 


7 comments:

Kirk, Photographer/Writer said...

I liked the overall look of this image so much that I'm rummaging around in the cabinet to find a CL and the 56mm lens. I might also drag along a second CL body and the 16mm Sigma lens. Could be a fun combo for a black and white romp through downtown. Yeah. That's the ticket.

adam said...

I got that one, I've mostly been using in auto lately, the last thing I shot was the run up to my towns traditional carnival, which is mostly men in drag dancing on decorated floats, got some nice pics at the fair as well, people on rides, pretty fun, the ones I like are where someone is eating a hotdog whilst there are a bunch of people suspended upside down above them etc

Kirk, Photographer/Writer said...

sounds fun!

adam said...

it's a small town but a few interesting things happen here, and there is nice countryside very nearby :)

JC said...

Got a little Josef Sudek vibe going there.

Robert Roaldi said...

Why is it that a photo of an object can be more interesting that the object itself? This often occurs with everyday mundane objects. And yet photos of sublime objects, great paintings say, can be painfully boring.

Chuck Albertson said...

Keep in mind that polarized sunglasses can raise hell with looking through the eyepiece of your SL.