4.27.2024

Random Shots from Eeyore's Birthday Party 2024. Part One. Note: These contain no harmful mannequin photos or photos of skyscapers. I guess they are safe for the sensitive viewers.

 


I was all ready to take a couple of Leica SL cameras and a couple of Sigma lenses with me to Eeyore's Birthday Party at Pease Park in Austin, Texas when it dawned on me that the older, Leica M240 would offer me more friction of use which might result in more interesting images. Especially since the friction immerses me more in the process and the visualization of photographs. I ended up taking one M240 camera, a 50mm f2.0 Zeiss lens and a 75mm f1.9 Voitlander VM lens instead. The combo was slower to use and required that I pay more attention. And for that I am thankful. 



Loving the bucket hats that match the shirts. Well done gentlemen!!!
Of course, I was wearing green bucket hat which in some universe might 
have matched my olive green short pants...

Mom's gotta mom when kids take a spill. 





Loving this image of the young drummer giving a side eye to someone. 
Grateful to have been alert to the action. And the camera worked its own magic.




Bubble mania. 








What kind of shoes does a four time Olympic swimmer wear to Eeyore's?
These. The ones right above...



A bit cheeky. Yes?
















A running take off of Sandy's Hamburger restaurant on Barton Springs Rd. 
Go there for the burgers but stay for the chocolate dipped, soft serve, ice cream cones. 
delicious and a core part of Austin...

2 comments:

Raymond Charette said...

Love your images. Weird and wonderfully diverse, playful; like the people depicted. They are a tribute to your «humanisme» (the English equivalent «humanitarianism» seems too lofty to me.) Fortunately, it takes all kinds ...

leicapixie said...

A great set of images! Would an SLR/Dslr,Mirrorless be better? Nope!