12.16.2020

One of my two favorite lenses from 2020. The Sigma 56mm f1.4. Too tight for a lot of work. Just right for me.

Shot in downtown Austin with a G9 camera. 

We are currently in an unprecedented building boom. It's not confined to downtown; I see it happening all over the city. Downtown is becoming denser by the month but it's an odd contrast because everyone is working from home and most of these new buildings are class "A" office space. Not residential towers. 

So, the streets are nearly vacant, the restaurants are mostly closed down and there's little of the hum that used to accompany downtown living. 

While many are predicting that office life won't necessarily return I believe that face to face contact is essential, in the long run, for human health and cooperation. With all the big businesses moving relentlessly to Austin I imagine filling the newly finished buildings will be the least of our teething issues. 

The future, it seems, will be crowded. But at least I'll have the right lens to document some of the change.
 

No comments: