2.24.2024

I was sorting prints to see which I should toss and which I should save when I came across these in a portfolio box...

 The images span film and digital, were created using all kinds and brands of cameras and were printed large (13x19 inches) and intended to end up in a print portfolio. All the prints shown here were printed using an Epson 4000 printer and mostly Epson papers. Now that every portfolio is on the web I'm not sure what to do with hundreds of similar prints that have been stacking up around the office. Most in archival portfolio boxes but some in stacks on shelves. 


originally shot on film in a Pentax 645 camera. 

An early digital camera file.


Annual report image shot on a Sony R1 camera. 









I laid all these out on the floor and photographed them with a Lumix S1 camera
and the Lumix S50mm f1.4 lens. Just as documents...

Life moves on.

4 comments:

Kodachromeguy said...

I remember the Sony R1. Those files still look really nice, even though it was "only" 10 mpixels. Sony did a great job with that camera.

Eric Rose said...

If you can easily give them to the folks in the prints I'm sure they would love them. Beyond that, if you don't want them, tear them up and chuck them in the dust bin of history.

Eric

Biro said...

Before you toss ‘em all, Kirk, remember that everything online will be gone forever before too long. Everything online exists at the pleasure of whatever or whoever owns a given website or server.

So save those that have any sentimental or practical value to you and maybe give the others to your photographic subjects, if you’re at all in touch with them. Obviously, you can’t keep them all forever. But think a bit before chucking them.

Next up: All of the decades-old paperwork in your home.

Rich said...

these are striking Kirk. I recognize some of the ladies (1st&last, and the one in 3 shots) from your previous posts.

Went out and bought a Sony A7Cii last week. I have already given away my best m4/3 gear, as well as S1 w/ 5 good lenses - all to my step son. I advertised my S5w/28-70f2.8, but im not getting any takers. I may give that away to a friend who would put it to good use.

Sony has come a looong ways. I love the output (&input:). I particularly love the vast array of small lenses available. With some of the Samyang primes, its not much bigger than my RX1.