11.25.2022

Once a year I confront my nemesis... and every year it wins.

Leica SL + Nikon 24mm D lens.
 

Yes. I tried to resist. I pushed away from the table. But the powerful attraction was too much for me. I found myself clutching the triangular shaped tool. I had no control as my hand crept toward the glass pan. I was shocked to find an enormous wedge of Bourbon Pecan Pie sitting on a white plate in front of me. But I totally succumbed to the immense pleasure as I took the first bite. Gastronomic heaven on earth. 

I was certain, after finishing what had to be 2,000+ calories of fresh-baked happiness, that I gained five pounds in a single go. 

Hours later I was still pondering which treat has the most effect on me, a new camera or a still oven warm and perfectly made pecan pie. When I woke up this morning and saw that we still had pie remaining I think my decision was easy. Pie trumps cameras. At least in the short run.... 

Marketing suggestion for Leica: Make New Products smell like Pecan Pie. Easy sale.

I also indulged a bit in a "Black Friday" splurge. I bought a couple more SD cards and, to push the purchase over the top --- a Peak Design wrist strap. 

That's it for now. 

4 comments:

adam said...

I've got deal fatigue, 3 days to go...

John Abee said...

Pecan pie I can usually resist but the Pecan Pie Cobbler my wife presented yesterday, not so much. It sits there mocking me each time I pass through the kitchen.

Robert Roaldi said...

Why do we need to feel guilty when we enjoy life's pleasures? The culture clings unnecessarily to the Puritan past. There won't be a price to pay because you enjoyed a piece of pie. Pleasure is not bad. Suffering is not good.

Have another piece, come to the dark side.

Unknown said...

Yes resist! The average slice of pecan pie has over 500 calories, 30 grams of fat, 60 grams of carbohydrates, and 30 grams of sugar. That is not the 1oz serving I'v seen listed. This is an average serving in the USA
KT would have to swim for a day and a half just to burn up a slice or two. Good enough reason to resist.