7.11.2014

In the mood for black and white.

Olympus EM-5 and 60mm Sigma dn.

 Don't know why but when I woke up this morning I was so in the mood to shoot black and white that I flipped on all three GH cameras and set them to monochrome, jacked up the contrast and turned down the noise reduction. Got the weird optics on the front and now I'm looking for people and places that just look black and white in my head.

I think it's a result of too much color work all Summer long. It's either that or the cool, black box of Richard Avedon postcards I got last week...

Hope everyone has a happy weekend and, if you live in Texas I hope you stay cool. It will be a scorcher by Sunday.


Catch up with Henry White, the hero in The Lisbon Portfolio,
as he takes a Leica to explosive new extremes.....

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Weird to me how the B&W in camera does really good "out of the box" compared to software converting color to B&W. Beats spending hours creating a custom conversion profile , which then needs tweaking on the one pic I want to print.