6.26.2018

Kirk Tuck Presents his Ideas About Photography for Live Theater this Thurs. in Dripping Springs, Texas.


Practice something enough and you tend to develop some proficiency at it. I've been doing photography for live theater production marketing for over 30 years now and I think I'm just about getting the hang of it. I've been asked to do a presentation about photograph to a group of photographers in Dripping Springs, Texas this coming Thurs. (June 28th) and I decided to actually talk about something I know: The Nuts and Bolts of Live Theater Photography.

Here's a link to the group's website about the evening: http://photographersofds.us/2018/06/19/pods-june-meeting-june-28-2018-630pm/ 

I'm going to concentrate on walking people through my methodologies. I'm not going to set up and shoot anything. But I promise to at least try and be interesting. Now I've just got to spend a little time going through the archives with the idea that I might want to show some work.....

If you're in the neighborhood I'm sure you are welcome to drop by.

In other news: The West Austin News interviewed me and ran a full page profile. It made me sound smarter and more interesting than..... Sadly, it's print only and they seem picky about copies ending up on the web. I'll ask once more if I can publish just the article here on the blog but it's nothing you won't glean from reading the "Contact/Info" page on my website....























3 comments:

Ken said...

I would love a post OR even a Lynda stye video (or whoever you use) regarding this topic to be available to those us who are interested. I shoot a lot of theater but know I could benefit from your education and experience. Thanks for considering this!

Gato said...

Love the photo of the guy with the guitar and pinstripe suit.

Unknown said...

Kirk came out and talked to our photography club "Photographers of Dripping Springs" tonight and did a great job. Enjoyed every minute of him speaking and being able hear him speak about his years of photographing Theater and the difficult lighting situations it presents. If you ever have a chance to hear him speak please go as you won't be disappointed.

Drexel