5.09.2020

B. At the Galaxy Cafe. Re-worked in Luminar for a different aesthetic.


I think we both look forward to a time when we can go back to our favorite restaurants. I'm probably much more anxious to do so because I'm one of those "horrible" extroverts who has a pressing need to be around people. Lots of people. B, on the other hand, is a pure introvert and is enjoying every moment of sheltering in place. She's got a project to work on at all times. Painting the porch, refinishing a book shelf, experimenting with special inks and watercolors, doing yoga.

I think her favorite part of the day is when I stop buzzing around the house and announce: "I'm going out to the studio to play with some photographs." 

But I do think of my favorite introvert as the "lifeguard" in my pool of existence. She's good about enforcing habits that keep me safe. But enforced in always the kindest way.




6 comments:

ODL Designs said...

Lovely portrait. If is good to hear B. is keeping busy, I suspect men as they grow older don't have as many hobbies or friends as they should to keep healthy and active.

I have gone to work every day as normal through the pandemic, the rest of the team is at home... Personally the routine keeps me sane as well as working on ensuring we don't limp out of this recession.

As I have been saying, this continued lockdown is now more political then anything else, and as people show more frustration we will see this draconian lockdown fall apart.

Keep well Kirk!

Tom Vadnais said...

Wonderful portrait, Kirk. Your love for Belinda comes through magnificently once again.

Tom

Eric Rose said...

Such a sweetie!! And SO patient with her photographer hubby.

Eric

George said...

To ODL Designs above...what makes you think it's all political? Where do you live? In one of those states with a small population or in the outback?
Tell that to my friend of 40 years who passed away because of "politics", or my 2 adult nieces, and adult nephew by my two sisters who were seriously ill for over 2 1/2 weeks, or finally but not lastly another good friend whose mother is in a nursing home and hasn't been able to see her in over a month and a half.
I'm tired of people like our so called Commander In Chief lambasting a nurse who spoke truthfully about PPE shortages. This woman who put her life on the line was supposedly there to be praised not criticized by this narcissistic, insecure putz. My niece had to use garbage bags as hospital scrubs for weeks and reuse her N95 masks for days on end. All because there was no planning or even acknowledgement of this problem.
So, ODL I'm glad you can go to your job supposedly secure in your and your family's continued good health. I sincerely hope it continues.
Kirk..I sincerely apologize for this rant and you can do with it what you want--post it , not post it, edit it anyway you see fit. I'm just tired of the people burying their head in the ground

George said...

(Oh...and Kirk..you truly have a lovely and patient wife, no wonder your house looks so nice in the fotos you've shown.)

Kirk, Photographer/Writer said...

If anyone is going to alienate readers with a political bent it will be me. But not over this. So, we'll now clip off the comments on this thread and ask everyone to take a beat.