12.20.2020

Interesting things I sometimes see when I'm out strolling at night. On Congress Avenue.


Even in Austin where we all have bumper stickers that read: "Keep Austin Weird" it's strange to see a giant, illuminated owl whose eyes change color, rolling towards you while flapping its wings. I had a Lumix S1 with me and that nearly new 85mm f1.4 Sigma Art lens so I thought I'd snap away. There were some other mechanical constructs rolling around downtown last night, including a sleigh pulled by six human reindeers but I never could get the shot I wanted of them. 


Just some inventive folks out spreading joy for the holiday season. God knows we need it.
 

1 comment:

Jerry said...

I don't think I've ever used the word "awesome" in print or out of my mouth, but that someone would build that owl and drive it down the street like that, well, awesome. Thanks for sharing that, Kirk.