2.20.2021

Core Wisdom From a Danish Photographer.

 Get Out the Door By Thorsten Overgaard

The basic axiom of photography is to wear a camera. The next axiom would be to get out the door.

Just somewhere. It doesn’t matter if it’s Africa, Greenland, or down the street at the local library.

Just get out the door. That’s the most effective way to get photographs.

I never walk to get photographs. I walk to get coffee, and I happen to have a camera with me.

(Axiom = A self-evident saying or rule)


and I agree. 

7 comments:

Dr. Nick said...

Everyone has a camera with them walking to get coffee nowadays. Not everyone is a photographer.

Frank Grygier said...

Some of the more interesting photographs I see are from people unencumbered by the photographer label.

Gato said...

Good thoughts. And I agree with Frank.

Unknown said...

Yes of course. I tend to work better when I have an idea in mind for photos before I go out. Can't argue with get out there and then sort it out.
Kinda like exercise for the body. Some days the idea of going to the gym (or a long bike ride, run, swim, walk etc) seems like a bridge too far. But once underway all falls into place by itself and the action is automatic.

Jb said...

Lot of interesting leica content on his website!

ShootinSabot said...

Glad to hear to hear you have survived the great freeze relatively unscathed. Stay safe and take care.

Jon Maxim said...

I refuse to take any more photos until I tame my monstrous library by purging at least 70% and classifying them so that I can search them. So far, I am failing by both not starting the culling nor taking pictures. Am I being crazy?