7.17.2022

Thanking Phil for pushing me to research the intent of the T-shirts in a previous post.

 Turns out it's anti-Joe Biden, anti-Liberal, hate thing promulgated by the reich-wing here in the USA. You can Google the t-shirt slogan if you want more info. I'd suggest you not bother.

I'm not a fan of fascism or child indoctrination in hate speech so as soon as I researched this I raced back to the blog and deleted those images. 

Sorry to not have done my research sooner. 

I have friends on both sides of the aisle but I draw the line at nasty hate speech and adolescent innuendo. 

Reasonable people can disagree but there it is. Ageism is just as nasty as rascism. 

thanks for the push Phil. 

6 comments:

kodachromeguy@bellsouth.net said...

"I draw the line at nasty hate speech and adolescent innuendo." Sadly, this is the level of scum, racism, and degradation into which we have fallen recently in the United States. I just do not see how we will climb out of the cesspool. My mom grew up in Berlin in the 1938-1945 period, and she warned me that this is how hate and violence propagates. The path we are heading is pretty plain to see.

Kirk, Photographer/Writer said...

Yeah. Very sad. Didn't make my day any better. I wish we could all get along but fanaticism precludes discussion.

Anonymous said...

Art is a force against authoritarian modes of thinking
Johnathon Fineberg
Art since 1940- Strategies of Being

Don Karner said...

It struck me as incredibly crass. Teenagers marching around with an obscenity on their shirts is over the line.

Kirk, Photographer/Writer said...

Agreed. But made more virulent by the political war implications I didn't at first get. Sorry for that.

Craig Yuill said...

I didn’t see those photos you posted and took down, so I Googled “anti Joe Biden T shirts”. The results rather shocked me. The slogans and messages well beyond what is typically seen on political-opposition shirts. And many of these are sold through Amazon. This is a very sad thing to see.