12.23.2022

It's the night before the night before Christmas and I'm out casual-shopping with a camera and no real agenda.

 


It's been a strange December. Usually I'm busy and behind all month long but this year I finished early and got my shopping done quick. We were stuck at home last night to vigilantly tend to the precautions surrounding the Arctic Blast. Dripping  interior faucets, meticulously wrapped exterior faucets, conscientious wrapping of plants, moving space heaters into the spots where the central heating is clearly under performing. So today, after a dermatologist performed a quick surgery on my shutter finger (not kidding!) I got back "on the horse" to make sure that finger could still trigger the shutter release on a camera. Of course I couldn't do that at home. I had to have a "real world" test. So I headed back over to S. Congress and pretended to be shopping when I really just wanted colorful stuff to photograph. 

The digit still works. The freezing temperatures are novel but wear on one quickly. One more thing checked off the pre-Christmas list. Quick procedure does not impinge on finger performance. 

I hope all my friends across the vast expanse of the Western Hemisphere are tucked in some place safe and warm tonight. And that they go to sleep dreaming about making incredible photographs with their favorite cameras. It's cold here. I can only imagine the frosty hellscape further north. Be safe. Stay warm. Drink lots of coffee. 

Today's finger therapy camera was the new (to me) Leica Q2. It functioned well in spite of the chilly weather. More tomorrow.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Frosty hellscape" here. Great for winter photography. Blowing snow, 27 below and new white stuff tomorrow for a White Christmas. Ice fisherman are happy with a foot and it should get thicker - but snow is insulating it.
Auoras on clear night skies are wonderful, especially when the air is still. Wind chill does get to your quickly.
On the other hand he cold is good for the farmers who grow Frozen Vegetables for the market...