8.13.2013

Sometimes life looks stranger through the lens.


After lunch I took a walk in the park.

It was hot so I lingered under the bridge for a few moments.

When I walked out the other side I found rocks stacked like skinny pyramids.

Organic Eiffel Towers.

Millions of years of erosion.

And I could swear they were multiplying before my eyes.

I looked around and there was a field of carefully stacked rocks.

It was a total denial of entropy.

Or a nod to the notion that there are patterns within chaos.

I walked back to my car. No rocks followed me.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poetic. Why I enjoy your blog so much.

Robert Hudyma said...

Worth a look: http://www.gravityglue.com/

Peter B said...

Sedona has a large beach along Oak Creek filled with visitor made cairns, some of them quite artistic. The local name for the beach is Buddha Beach.