4.19.2019

Napping Near the Kitchen. An Enthrotopic Dissection of Post-Industrial, Post-Techno-dustrial, Cultural Dysphoria Mapped to Benton-esque Layerscaped Flattening Poems.

Peanut Butter and Jelly in a Post Apocalyptic Funk. Sink-Situated.
Rendered onto archival nano-acute pixels.

This one was difficult for me. To show the entire apparatus seemed too obvious
but I wanted to show enough jakondiscity to engage the sympathetic resonance of 
suburban essentialism and render it licorice. So much punctum. 

The brutalism of crushed and segmented fora pressed into
unwelcome and unethical debasement for the sybaritic pleasure of 
caffeine addicts causes the mind to reel and fabricates 
ripples in our shared cultural ethos. 

Towels for wiping mud off the dog's paws when she comes in the back door. 
"Repudiating the flatness of our two dimensional canvas of photography. And our one dimensional understanding of its potential." 

Thank you to manifesto writers everywhere. 
My application to Magnum is now in the mail.

15 comments:

Robert Roaldi said...

Punctum? How's that gallery curator-speak correspondence course going? I like the knife, edgy.

amolitor said...

The PB&J is kind of awesome. I think, let me see, um, yes here it is: "Well seen!"

Chuck Albertson said...

I had one of those ceramic coffee filter holders, but I discovered it doesn't bounce too well.

Al said...

Brilliant, iptso facto. Perhaps a more neaunced response than the painting "the scream" to the vacuum of mordernity? Non sequitur might be overrated.

Thank you for the Friday cheer!! Al.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kirk,
Napping is good. Thank you for the Friday cheer!!
Lee

David S said...

Your oeuvre explores the inherent irony of juxtaposing the viewer and the viewed, the tensions created from both opaque and transparent narratives.
A dialectic generated by influences as diverse as formalist non-realism versus post modern obstructionism has obviously informed your latest offering.
Going forward, we look forward to the diversification of your discourse.

David S said...

It's truly horrifying how easily this crap dribbles off the tongue.

MikeR said...

Better yet ... 😂👍

Kristian Wannebo said...

Kirk,
A great imitation also of a music critic after a concert he didn't get...
- * -

Many of the photos give an interesting analysis of cultural similarities and differences across the ocean, showing influences almost back to immigration time.
E.g.:
#1) Divergence of breakfast; traditions over time.
#3) A good example of the spreading of local technology (here German with roots going back to 1908) for the stimulation of a universal craving.
#4) Shows the universality of Dog culture.

Rufus said...

I think there needs to be more mention of micro contrast and acuity.

Barking Billy said...

Risible. Evokes a merry spew of oh hell I can't think of anything sufficiently pituco.

Mark the tog said...

My real question is whether the coffee filter holder has three or four holes?
I had a pair with four holes and they were joy. I am now limping along with three holers and the spark has left my mornings.

Greg Heins said...

I try to remind myself rather often that in the end - which is to say, after my probably not far away individual end - the proof will be - or not be - in my photographs, yes? So nothing else will matter, not even my clever words...

Tom Barry said...

Let us not forget the verbal salads wine experts toss when describing fermented grape juice. "Aggressive, yet esoteric, but dull nonetheless..."

David S said...

Lens reviews in the style of wine experts:
"The Fujinon 60mm: a cheeky little number but I'm amused by its presumption".