11.12.2019

A few more dance rehearsal images. Central in each is the theater's choreographer, Jen.



I really hadn't plumbed the low light capabilities of the Fuji 56mm f1.2 APD before I shot rehearsal images for Zach Theatre a week and a half ago. While the 56mm is certainly NOT state-of-the-art when it comes to fast focusing I think it delivers a look that can be perfect for a certain style of 
available light photography. A sharply defined but narrow plane of focus surrounded by a progressively less sharp field. I tried to use the lens either wide open or one stop down.
The look was elevated by using a profile, in camera, called "Classic Chrome" and was
further assisted by the camera getting the WB just about as perfect as I could want 
shooting under really poor florescent lighting. 

I'll keep the 56mm APD. It's flawed but wonderful.



1 comment:

Fred said...

Kirk,
I like the lens' smoothness from in focus to out of focus.
It is also interesting to me that in the last picture having Jen in the foreground out of focus pushes my eye to the other person.
Fred