2.02.2020

random images for Sunday night. Getting inspired for Monday.





I shot a theater production rehearsal solely with a Sigma FP today. It worked.

We swam 4,000 yards today in practice. The sky was clear and blue. The high temperature in Austin today was a little over 80 degrees Fahrenheit.

I thoroughly tested the video controls and output of the Panasonic Lumix S1 today, along with the audio adapter/interface and a. couple of my favorite microphones. I am now officially ready to hit sidewalks of downtown and do some "man in the street" (persons in the street?) interview for Zach Theatre next week. Got my reporter mic and my ND filters ready.

Brisk exercise has been shown to lower C-reactive protein levels; a key marker for imflamuation. Exercise may also help to stave off dementia...

I've re-charged the batteries for the Sigma FP and will beginning testing its video capabilities in earnest tomorrow. I have high hopes for the tiny rig......

All done for now. Please stay tuned.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seeing you holding the Sigma FP at eye level, I wonder if the LCD screen also functions as a viewfinder?

Eric Rose said...

I was going to raz you over wearing gloves when it is so warm in Austin, but then I saw the camera was an older Sony. Not knowing where or when the shot was taken I will give you a pass lol. I was out yesterday at a local bird sanctuary testing an old Pentax Super Tac 50mm f1.4 on my GH5. The temperature was a comfortable -9C, the sky was a brilliant blue and the fresh dump of snow was very white and reflective. A wonderful time to be alive and in the outdoors! BTW I was wearing official "photographers" gloves.

Eric

Kirk, Photographer/Writer said...

anonymous, a closer inspection would reveal that the camera you mention is, in fact, a Sony NEX7.

JimR 'Longviewer' said...

Hm, is the gx85 much smaller than the fp? On to camerasize for the answer.. oh my :√o

Ray said...

Have you ever thought about how much more interesting your pictures could be if you used a few creative filters or dropped in a stormy cloudy sky?

No? Well, never mind then.