7.12.2022

Portrait from 1979. Scanned from a print.

 

B. 1979

Everyone was beautiful and mysterious back then. It was a time before the "great rush" of life. The cellphones, the overnight delivery expectation. The instant "proof" on the rear screen of a camera. People had time to work on stuff and to sit for a while in conversation. Wish we could just grab some giant handle somewhere and slow everything back down. 

rumor on the web today is that Nikon (and by extension, Canon) are fully exiting the DSLR camera market. Now more moving mirrored mainstream cameras. I guess the real question is: "Does anybody care?" 


4 comments:

Biro said...

Lovely photo, Kirk. Does a copy hang anywhere in the Tuck household? If not, it should IMHO.

Kirk, Photographer/Writer said...

Thanks Biro. It's hanging right in front of my monitor. One of my favorites.

David said...

I’ve been scanning old family photo prints lately. Trying to get them in the cloud where the rest of the family can enjoy them. (And where someone doesn’t have to sort through them after I’m gone.) I’m only keeping the really old or really significant prints. I’m tossing the rest. We’re going digital.

JimR 'Longviewer' said...

Pentax wins again, driving people out of their market!
:^)