11.27.2022

Breaking news update for Leica SL users: !!! The latest version of Lightroom Classic now tethers seamlessly with the Leica SL camera.


 After yesterday's success tethering the current Leica SL2 with Lightroom Classic I came into the studio this morning and found the correct Tether Tools cable for use with the Leica SL. Here's what the end that goes into the SL looks like:


I connected the camera to the computer, launched Lightroom Classic and then turned on the camera with the USB set to PTP. The app found the camera right away and opened up a control strip that allowed for changes to the camera as well as triggering from the computer. Lightroom in tethered mode provided a live preview and then a beautiful, full window review of the .DNG file just shot. It also provided a sequential row of image thumbnails across the bottom of the program window. 

I repeated the hook up and shooting from scratch three times and each time the whole shebang started right up and there were no issues. 

Now my three main shooting platforms, the Panasonic S5, the Leica SL2 and the Leica SL all provide me with the ability to shoot tether and to review images on my computer in real time. No extra charges. No need to buy a yearly license to yet another application. 

Just in time for Christmas...


3 comments:

Chuck Albertson said...

Grand job. Thanks!

Chuck Albertson said...

Kirk, the setup may be different on a Mac, but on my Windows 10 laptop Lightroom Classic wouldn't recognize my SL until I'd installed Leica's tethered plug-in for Lightroom (the most recent version). Worked fine after that.

Derek said...

Great stuff, thanks for this Kirk.