12.15.2022

Rare Fuji Camera Spotted Yesterday Downtown!!!



 I only got a quick look but it sure seemed to me as if the camera was one of the elusive Fuji X100V cameras that have been back-ordered across the country for something like over half a year. I saw this guy out photographing on the sidewalks which is very rare these days. I walk a lot. I see few people with "real" cameras. 

This, of course, gives me hope that one day in the future we'll all have the option of whether or not we'd like to buy and take possession of one of these rare "unicorn" point and shoot cameras. They are actually a good product for $1399. I don't feel the same when I see ads on Ebay and even Amazon for $2500 and up...

Global supply chain disruption still at work? I guess. 

Sales guy at the local camera store said they got in two recently which almost started a fight between the sales people anxious to deliver a much sought after camera to "their" best customers. The two units didn't even make a tiny dent in the store's massive waiting list. 

Also noting that Q2s have been in short supply lately. Wild stuff. 

I wonder if several camera makers are about to drop new products on us and are using the supply side issue to clear inventories. I'll leave all that to the rumor sites.

6 comments:

adam said...

I'm fully expecting some kind of mark2 situation where they can't get the parts, still, must be coming up to time for x100w or whatever with the 40mp sensor, who knows maybe it'll be waterproof without the $100 rubber ring this time... used x-t30 prices seem to have ticked up a bit, next best thing ;)

Anonymous said...

I don't know about supply chain issues for cameras, but my Subaru has been at the dealer since mid-November to replace engine parts chewed by a stray rodent. The dealer said it'll be sometime in February before the last missing part is in. At least they are very nice about it and gave me a loaner, but holy crap - three months for common engine parts! And it is a Subaru, not a Lamborghini.
Ken

Anonymous said...

I heard the major reason for the shortage of this particular camera is that influencers on social media raved about it

Biro said...

I consider myself fortunate that I scored an X100V before they disappeared. I can't imagine how I'd use a 40mp version of the X100. But I have little doubt that Fuji will make one.

adam said...

they've add a lossy compressed raw option to this generation which should mean much smaller file sizes (it's 80-100MB a pop uncompressed I think), 25-30% of the size, so maybe 25MB per file

Michael said...

I read that they are popular on TikTok. Most probably down to their cool looks as an accessory than the fact that TikTokers are keen photographers.