12.14.2018

One of my favorite "unsung" lenses of 2018; especially when used in conjunction with the m4:3 square format.


Just looking through folders of images from 2018 and I kept coming across files I really liked so I started diving into the file info to see how which lens was delivering the good stuff.  Disproportionately it was the Sigma 30mm f1.4 DN lens that made photos that made me smile. There's one series of square images from the Panasonic G9 that represent what I like about that lens and the way that focal length mixes with square crops on the smaller sensor. There's a nice 3D feeling to some images and a nice, flatness to others. A visual chameleon. And not so pricey.  Here's some samples: 











7 comments:

CWM said...

Love the Sigma 30mm f/1.4. I have it in both mounts. Probably the only reason I'm still shooting with the Sony A6500. Something about the 45mm focal length on that camera. 60mm on M4/3 is a bit in "no man's land" for me." Still, great on both systems. The FF Art lenses are superb, but this is a true "gem" at an incredible low price. I wish they made it for Fuji! Would retire the Zeiss 32mm Touit if they did.

RichardEby said...

That $12 lamb soup is damn expensive.

kirk tuck said...

Cheaper than any lamb soup I've found in Austin, Texas...

kirk tuck said...

And what if it's the best and most authentic lamb soup in the world? (I wouldn't know, I didn't try it....).

Anonymous said...

Richard, the burgers at several restaurants in our downtown run over $20. And that's not including "fries." So, what's your point?

Anonymous said...

Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and
found that it is really informative. I am going to watch out for brussels.
I'll appreciate if you continue this in future.
A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

It's very effortless to find out any matter on web as compared to books, as I found this paragraph at this web site.