5.12.2019

Lackadaisical 21mm f2.8 Photographs. Sharp. Strange and completely black and white.

Creek bed study #1. The Full Frame. (Fujifilm 14mm f2.8, E-X3)

Creek bed study #2. The 100 % crop from the bottom right hand quadrant. Same camera and lens info.
"OMG!!! Is it sharp enough? How will I know when it's sharp enough?"

Bridge study #2,031,645. Same Camera and lens info. 

A reportage of the Google building on 2nd Street in downtown Austin. 
Same camera and lens info. 

Restaurant study #31,965. On Second St. in downtown Austin. 
Same camera and lens info. 

Non-Linear visualization. Crowdsourced brain surgery. 
Same.

Why is everything falling over to the right of the frame?
It must be the lens! Right?

Photographer emulates older, down-on-his-luck, drifter in a
search for relative anonymity. 

Don't try this at home. 

5 comments:

Michael Ferron said...

One knows they have the down on luck look nailed when you get stopped and asked where the local soup kitchen is. Just sayin. (not that it's happened to me mind you.)

MB.Kinsman said...

Bridge study #2,031,645 seems remarkably similar to Bridge study # 2,011,423 or am I mistaken?

pixtorial said...

I thumbed through the latest issue of Aperture at B&N but didn't see any of these photos in there. Editorial oversight, I'm quite certain. When are you showing this? I'm assuming 3'x 4' palladium prints?

Robert Roaldi said...

It might become a thing for folks to go out and take lots of photos of Google buidings. Instead of Google View, we'd have "Views of Google".

Anonymous said...

Took delivery this past week of a new Nikon Z6. If it works out, I'll probably go for a Z7 as well. In preliminary work, I'm liking the look of the 24-70 f4 -- but at the same time, I'm looking back at my collection of m4/3, which I still have, and I'm thinking...the m4/3 still looks pretty good to me. Physically, the cameras (GX8s) look non-aggressive, while the Z6, while fairly small, still has that Nikon balls-to-the-wall pro camera vibe. But I'm an old Nikon guy, going back to the 60s, and it hangs off my fingers just perfectly...For the time being, I'm going to stick to the 24-70 and the 85 when it comes out. I have an 85G from my older Nikon gear (D800, D3) that I can use on the Z6 with an adapter. The adapter, though, is bigger than I thought it would be, and when you put it on the camera, with the 85 attached, you're getting back to the standard Big Camera look. Thom Hogan has a manual out on the Z6/Z7 twins...it's 1,010 pages long...