5.20.2019

Many, many years ago I bought this big (16 ounces?) coffee cup at my local Starbucks because I loved the deep red....

...now I take it back to Starbucks when I go there for meetings with friends or clients so I don't have to get a paper cup (lined with plastic) along with a plastic lid. I'm skipping the whole recycle thing and going straight for sustainable. If I bring my own cup I get a discount. No matter which size I order the baristas tend to fill it up as far as they can (commensurate with leaving space for half and half...).  My morning cup of external coffee is now about $2.11. And I like the cup.

I photographed my cup with my latest "love affair" the Canon G15. What awesome color for a used camera that cost me $200. Also enamored of the focal range and the close focusing capability. Nice little cameras!

I'm busy with family stuff but I sure like dropping by to share my opinionated points of view. Hope everyone is doing well.

Are you doing your part to cut down on plastic waste? Are you buying any classic old shooters?

-Kirk

6 comments:

atmtx said...

You know I'm buying classic old shooters. And, adding to the collection, everyday.

ODL Designs said...

Good call, I just make myself cups of tea :) much easier to do and when you use a teapot you get more mileage out of a couple of bags.

I think a new tough camera is in my near future. My youngest uses our old Panasonic rugged camera, and I was eyeballing a tg5...

sixblockseast said...

I have my Ricoh GR stuffed in a box until it achieves "classic old shooter" status. Funny though perhaps my biggest gripe with the GR was that its reds were a bit off. Otherwise I was extremely happy with it.

Ash said...

Does the original X100 count as a classic old shooter?

Duke Groover said...

Interestingly, I recently acquired a Nikon 1 V2, and it is truly liberating.

Rick said...

I'll have to settle for not churning my camera kit, plus extending the useful life of my four-thirds lenses by adapting them to the m4/3 E-M1 series. Have yet to buy [sorry] into digicam nostalgia and collectability, but readily acknowledge they present a tremendous savings because they're just consumer electronics, meaning they depreciate like take-home sushi.

Disposable containerwise--we have our own espresso machine and the only waste is the used pucks of coffee, which go into the garden. Installed an undercounter water filter that provides our drinking and cooking water. Insulated Hydroflask bottles keep the soccer girl hydrated and I haul mine to work.

Still, the recycling container is always overflowing when the city hauls it off, so there's a lot of progress needed.